My Memories of T.M.Revolution at Otakon 2013

It's official! Takanori Nishikawa is absolutely the sweetest, friendliest, kindest, most adorable man on the planet!
AND I MET HIM!!! O.M.G.!

This has been amazing! Thank you Otakon 2013! And thank you "Special Needs" badge! You have made my dreams come true!

Yes! I was able to attend Otakon 2013 in Baltimore, MD. I'm still in shock that this happened. (Thank you Twitter for allowing me to meet the wonderful people who made this happen for me!) I wanted to see T.M.Revolution so badly. And I got to see him! And so much more! More than I had dared to hope for.

Friday! 9 August, 2013... O.M.G.!

There was an announcement about 2 secret autograph sessions with Takanori... as in secret location. It was announced when and where to line up to get special passes for these sessions - limited to 100 people per session.

Thank you "Special Needs"! Due to my heart condition, I had a special priority badge that allowed me certain privileges. I'd lost hope of getting one of those special autograph passes. The line was HUGE and the heat was too much for me. As it turns out my priority pass got me to the front of the line! So I got my autograph pass for the first session, which was on Friday.

Before the autograph session took place, there was the T.M.R. Q&A panel. I was sitting on the center aisle, 7 rows back.

I don't know who this woman is (I'm sorry!) but this is what Takanori was wearing:

Here's another look at Takanori from that day. This was from an interview that he did that I found on the web.


The panel host spent some time talking to Takanori about various things. Then they opened up the panel to questions from the audience. There was a mad dash to the mic. 
They cut off audience questions with just 3 people ahead of me. I was crushed.

BUT THEN! It worked out better for me in the end.

At the autograph session:

I again got to be first in line.
I was going to have Takanori sign the CD booklet from UNDER II COVER, but I bought "Geisha Boy" (which came with a poster) and a little plushie Tabokun. I decided I wanted him to sign my poster instead.



Then I stepped over to the wall to wait. As I was squatted down organizing my stuff I heard cheers from the hallway. Then Takanori walked in!
Brain went offline. I squee-ed "Oh my god! Taka!"
He smiled sweetly, waved at me and said "Hi!"
(I found out later my squee was heard all the way down the hall!)
I went to the table, nervous as could be. Here was Takanori Nishikawa, sitting there, smiling so sweetly. I had so many things I wanted to say to him but I knew my time was limited. First, I got to give him my gift and he thanked me.

I got him a cute matching set of socks and underwear and the Yu-Gi-Oh card that I had made:


I also included a letter, the poem that I wrote (Takanori) and the song lyrics I wrote (Going Home -katei-).

. . . I wonder if he'll take a pic in the undies I gave him? That would be so awesome!

I hope he likes them. I hope they fit. He's so tiny!

Then I blurted out "Oh my god I love you so much!"
"Oh thank you!" he replied, as he smiled so sweetly.

As he signed my poster I told him (quickly) about how he's helped me. I told him about my heart attack and how his music got me through it. Again with that sweet sweet smile.

I showed him my tattoo.
He (and one of his staff, I think) gasped in awe. Again, sweet smile.
I asked him about his mother. (She's doing okay.) And I said that I'd been thinking about her. Sweet, sweet smile. "Oh thank you!"
He shook my hand after he'd signed my poster. His hands are so soft!

This was better than talking to him at the panel. Much more personal. And apparently I did make at least a little impression on him. Because...

THEN O.M.G.!

After the autograph session I was sitting down the hall, around the corner, sitting on the floor charging my phone.
I heard Japanese, so I looked up.

TAKANORI (and staff) WALKED BY!

I waved and said "Hi!" He waved back and said "Hi!"
This wasn't a simple little wave. This was an arm in the air, big wave like waving at a friend. (The first wave, when I had squee-ed so loudly, wasn't a little wave either.) Takanori is very warm and friendly.

I told him he'd given me memories I'll remember the rest of my life. He thanked me for that. I think. I kinda didn't catch just what he said there. Then I called out
"I love you!"
He called back:
"Thank you!"
O.M.G.!

Takanori Nishikawa is absolutely the most sweetest person ever!
Can I possibly love him even more? Is that possible?

THEN SATURDAY!! 10 August... O.M.G.!!!!!!!!!!!
THE CONCERT!!!!

Thank you again, "Special Needs". I didn't have to stand in line.

They had a special section for us, very close to the end of the catwalk. I was on Shibasaki-san's side of the stage, 2nd row of our section.

First was Home Made Kazoku.

They were great!!
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
O.M.G. he is awesome!
Admittedly I'm not overly familiar with HMK but they really brought it. They were a lot of fun. I can see why they are so popular!

Then it was time for

T.M.Revolution!!!!

He was wearing one of his Inazuma Rock Festival costumes, one of my favorites too.
I heard "Cloud Nine" and I screamed because I knew Takanori was taking the stage.

Setlist:
Preserved Roses (with a recording of Nana Mizuki's voice)
FLAGS
Zips
-MC-
INVOKE
Save The One, Save The All
resonance
-MC-
Naked Arms
SWORD SUMMIT
Heart of Sword
-MC-

Encore:
The party must go on
Tomorrow Meets Resistance (with Home Made Kazoku)

{Picture taken from U-Ichi's (Home Made Kazoku) DJ booth.}

I know I'm in this pic. The camera is pointed right in my direction but I'm so short! I can't find me!

To say that T.M.Revolution was awesome is an understatement. He was beyond amazing.



I will cherish these memories forever. I will never ever forget this. I got to meet my beloved Takanori Nishikawa. He was so sweet to me, so kind, so friendly. He will never be replaced in my heart.

I will always love him dearly.

Comments

  1. Aww XD
    I was following your reactions on twitter while this was all happening and the blog is almost as happy *feathers*

    SO GLAD EVERYTHING WORKED OUT FOR YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Kawaii!!

T.M.Revolution, Kimonos & Spiderman 2