The Brave Little Raven Did a Thing

I did something brave. At least, for me it was brave. Despite anxiety and apprehension, low self-esteem and low self-confidence, worrying about what other people might think, and worrying what I myself might think afterwards, I dyed my hair purple. Seriously, this was one of the bravest things I've ever done. It's darker than I originally had wanted but it turned out really well. It's very Goth-y. I'm proud of myself for taking my first real step in becoming the real me. It honestly amazes me how doing just this one thing already makes me feel better about myself. I hope this picture shows just how purple it is.

On a side note, I started wearing make-up again. I hadn't worn any for quite awhile, but I didn't want to go outside with beautiful purple hair and a bland face. And I immediately got complimented by a lady who works at my pharmacy. That made me feel so good! I actually felt pretty! But not brave enough for a selfie.

Another thing I did to help me on my little journey was to order a book – "Gothic Charm School: An Essential Guide For Goths And Those Who Love Them" by Jillian Venters. I absolutely adore her blog! She, the Lady of the Manners, is both witty and wise. And I am not-so-patiently awaiting the arrival of her book. Oh look! Here's a link to her blog, for those who might be interested.

As the saying goes, every journey begins with one step. I have taken that first step. And I am amazingly happy already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories of T.M.Revolution at Otakon 2013

Depression & The Spider's Web

T.M.Revolution, Kimonos & Spiderman 2